Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Favorite Things: Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1


I'm a book nerd, a film geek and a Twilight dork, but there is NO SHAME in my game, baby. Today, Tuesday March 16 was a good day. K. Stew was on the TV and a new way to Twilight was on the shelves. Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1, was among the new Tuesday media releases today. It's Edward and Bella with an anime spin. Korean based artist Young Kim took her pencil to the page, shedding a whole new proverbial light on the romantic vampire saga we all love, mixing her visual genius with Stephenie Meyer's "immortal" words. At 224 pages Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1, tells roughly half of the first tale of Bella Swan's journey into Forks and the world of Edward Cullen... certainly there will be a Volume 2 or 3 to complete its telling. While it's a bit strange not to see Rob and Kristen as Edward and Bella, it's a totally wicked awesome book and I've never owned anything like it. It's like all of those really cool picture books you had as a kid... but way, way better. Amazon is selling Twilight: The Graphic, Volume 1 novel for $10 and while Walmart claims to do the same, I had to pay $13.87 in-store today. Yeah. Was not happy. We all know that I pride myself on being the GOAT. Greatest (Bargain Shopper) of All Time. However, the book was totally worth having my GOAT title mildly tarnished. Please, somebody else go get and read it so I have someone to talk to about it, damn it.

Oh, and I just have to share this with you guys in all of my geek chic glory. I just received an e-mail notification from Target that my copy of The Twilight Saga: New Moon 3 Disc Deluxe Edition DVD (with BONUS film cell) was shipped today!!! Since I preordered it a month ago, the price has dropped from $24.99 to $19.99 and Target is honoring that sale price! So, there's hope that I will get my DVD by Saturday and NOT have to deal with the swarm of teenage girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment