Thursday, March 11, 2010

Starbucks New Spring Treat Blossoms With Delightful Flavor


Per usual, my shopping trips require energy. (LOTS of energy!) And by "energy" I mean Starbucks. Diddy (That's my Dad for those of you who don't already know the dealio) and I stopped off for a night cap, in much need of refueling after an evening of birthday shopping. (FOR MEEEE!) Diddy gets his standard Tall Non-Fat Mocha and I ordered a Venti Iced Non-Fat Mocha (I needed a full 20 ounces of refueling tonight). The Barista suggested that I try Starbucks' new limited edition spring flavor: Dark Cherry Mocha. Now, I'm a skeptic when it comes to double flavors in a latte. I like a Cinammon Dolce Latte or a Mocha... straight-up. No mocha-peppermint-mango-pineapple-chutney-salsa nonsense. (Thou shalt not f-ck up the espresso blended beverage!) So, momentarily torn, I took a leap of faith and told the Barista, "Okay, make the Venti iced a Dark Cherry Mocha." Yeah. Look at me all reckless and wild! And? I love it. (Yes. I would marry it if I could.) It's like a not-to-sweet, refreshing, chocolate covered black cherry. It's lovely and absolutely tastes like SPRING! So, I can give the official Bridget Blessing (It's WAY cooler than the Papal Blessing.) to Starbucks' Dark Cherry Mocha. You should get one for yourself the next time you're in the 'Bucks... and of course, get one for your friend Bridget, too. It's only here for a limited time, so get it while the gettin' is good, kids!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the dark Cherry Mocha SO MUCH that I snuck one into the theater this morning when I went to see 'Remember Me.' Thank goodness for Gwen and Harjuku Lovers, who make great sneaky bags!

    ReplyDelete