Friday, February 19, 2010

My Favorite Things: K. Stew Necklace



I consider myself to be a fairly simple person. I'm an open book and it doesn't take much effort to get to know me. My 8 year old nephew says "Aunt Bridget, I know you so well! You're favorite color are pink and black, and you love Twilight and Hello Kitty and Kristen Stewart." Yeah. That about sums ME up.

So, color me shocked when my biological family does not know me. My framily (friends who are indeed my family) threw me a graduation party adorned in shades of pink, black, and New Moon with some twinkle lights thrown in for good measure. My biological family didn't even offer the party. They couldn't even be bothered to attend my graduation party. They don't get me. AT ALL. Therefore, I find it pretty damn gratifying when people who have spent weeks and not years with me, GET ME.

One of my ab fab clinical instructors, Mrs. April Coder, made me a necklace for graduation. It was a consolation prize for the award I didn't get from the institution itself. And this necklace is a gazillion times better than any academic award. EVER. I spent two clinical rotations with Mrs. Coder. That adds up to about 5 to 6 weeks, approximately 15 to 18 days total. She didn't need years to get me. Mrs. Coder fashioned pink and grey beads, which she handmade herself, on a silver chain, with a pendant in the center displaying pics of Kristen Stewart, accented with pink glitter, in the center. (Insert heavenly chorus of angels here:____________.) She even took the time to wrap it up in personally decorated pink and silver wrapping. FABULOUS!

I am still thrilled beyond belief that this necklace is MINE and was made just for ME. Someone actually took a minute to observe me and construct something that can simply be defined as "Bridget." The necklace itself fits my color scheme perfectly and I wear it with a gray lace trimmed cami, black cardigan, black khakis, and my fave pink, black, and gray Airwalk flats. My Kristen Stewart necklace is one of My Favorite Things in the whole wide world! And while I can't say it enough, I'll say it one for time, THANK YOU, MRS. CODER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment